storyjumper. (2018). storyjumper. Retrieved from storyjumper: https://www.storyjumper.com/library/my
|Name: Miss Carter||Learning Area: English|
|Date taught: 26.3.18||Objective: A|
|Time: 50 minutes
|Topic: Writing and Representing 1
Context: 2nd lesson on composing a mother’s day story book
– plans, composes and reviews a range of texts that are more demanding in terms of topic, audience and language EN2-2A
|Students learn about…
– The process of; planning, writing, editing and producing a story.
|Students learn to…
– As a class, students create a book called “Why I love my Mum”. (Through storyjumper) Each child is to create one page that is to do with their own mother (or carer) that answers the assigned questions. (These are questions that students created in a previous class) The book once completed can be put onto an e-book form and sent to their parents and anyone else they would like. (e-book form allows students to send it to people overseas or from anywhere around the world)
– Observation of students
– Student individual devices
– Student created planning worksheets (from class before)
– Individual accounts with storyjumper
– Student workbooks/pencils
– Complete a game of hangman with the students. (The words are to be ‘Why I Love my Mum’)
– Discuss with students again the idea of creating a book for their mums for Mother’s Day.
|Time: 4 mins|
|Links to Prior Learning
– Remind students of the questions they created last week and the planning that they each undertook individually, about what their page would look like.
– Instruct them to take out that planning worksheet they completed.
– Send students a link to the class ‘Why I love my Mum’ book (storyjumper) and allow them the ability to edit.
– Instruct students to write up a draft of their page for the book and show the teacher.
– Once teacher gives approval of the page, students are to write them up on to the storyjumper online book that they were sent.
– As a class look over some of the pages that they have put into the book.
– Remind students that when it is Mother’s Day they will be able to share this book as an e-book with their parents and whoever else they would like to show. (from anywhere in the world)
|Time: 5 minutes|